Saturday, November 3, 2012

Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout


Onyx

Jennifer L. Armentrout

August 14th 2012

Note: Second book in the Lux Series. First one is called Obsidian.

 

Summary (off Goodreads):

Being connected to Daemon Black sucks…
Thanks to his alien mojo, Daemon’s determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarro connection. So I’ve sworn him off, even though he’s running more hot than cold these days. But we’ve got bigger problems.
Something worse than the Arum has come to town…
The Department of Defense are here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we're linked, I’m a goner. So is he. And there's this new boy in school who’s got a secret of his own. He knows what’s happened to me and he can help, but to do so, I have to lie to Daemon and stay away from him. Like that's possible. Against all common sense, I'm falling for Daemon. Hard.
But then everything changes…
I’ve seen someone who shouldn’t be alive. And I have to tell Daemon, even though I know he’s never going to stop searching until he gets the truth. What happened to his brother? Who betrayed him? And what does the DOD want from them—from me?
No one is who they seem. And not everyone will survive the lies…

 

My thoughts:

Before I go on and on about the lovely Daemon I’ll start with our heroine, Katy. I’ve loved Kat since the first book. Spunky, sarcastic, and a total book nerd. She by far is one of my favorite heroines. But she does have some down falls in this one. For instance, she doesn’t know when to back down. Now I don’t want to give anything away (for those of you who haven’t read this book), but she should have listened to Daemon.
As for her friend choices, she does pick the best ones! I love Dee! But Katy was seriously pulling away in this book. But at least Kat acknowledges that she’s being a crappy friend.
Now as for Blake… I really, really dislike him. But who wouldn’t? I understood his reasons for what he did, but I can’t help but still hate his guts.
Then there’s Daemon. Swoon worthy Daemon. Gosh, he’s like a hot Sunday covered in alien fudge. (As weird as that sounds!) But just look at him!

 

 Daemon has some of the best, funny, or romantic lines. For example:
“… But do you know what I thought about all day yesterday? All night? The one single thought I couldn’t escape, no matter how pissed off I am at you?”
“No,” I whispered.
“ That I’m lucky, because the person I can’t get out of my head, the person who means more to me than I can stand, is still alive. She’s still there. And that’s you.”
 The reason I liked this scene so much, is because after all that’s happened in the book they, or well Kat, were able to express their feelings. Kat was finally able to say and kind of come to terms with what she was feeling and that what Daemon was feeling is very much real.
I found the plot smooth, but more fast paced towards the end. Towards the end it seemed all packed in. But it got to the point.
So all in all I would defiantly recommend this book for anyone who loves aliens and for those who even don’t. It doesn’t focus much on the Scifi aspect. But I would say to those who haven’t even heard of this series to start out on the first book, Obsidian.

No comments:

Post a Comment