Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Bitterroot Crossing by Tess Oliver

Bitterroot Crossing

Tess Oliver

January 7 2011

Summary (off Goodreads):

A love triangle that crosses centuries . . .
For Nick Crush, the only thing cool about his town, Bitterroot Crossing, is the gang of outlaw ghosts that rise occasionally from the town’s swamp. But when he finds himself competing with the most notorious spirit and his own ancestor, Zedekiah Crush, for the affections of Jessie Sterling, suddenly the whole ghost thing isn’t so cool.
Jessie Sterling inherited her great-great-grandma’s shorter left leg and incredible beauty, a beauty that a century and a half earlier sparked a love triangle that ended in tragedy. Now Jessie leaves the safety of her grandma’s farm to attend high school in town . . . and Bitterroot Crossing will never be the same.


My thoughts:

This was a really quick read for me and it did keep me up all night. It was good in all of its fluffiness (The romance was fluffy, not the story line)! The leading men, Nick and Zedekiah, were lovely even with their downfalls. But if you are uncomfortable with the use of drugs, killing, and ripped up spirits, I wouldn't recommend reading this. But if you are able to over look those parts I would say go ahead and give this a shot!
I like the fact that Ms. Oliver brought in ghosts. I love reading ghost stories and this one is pretty unique. The fact that the whole town believes in ghost and has "daily" encounters with them is neat! They even have a bell/siren to tell them when the ghosts are coming out to play.
Now, like with The Infernal Devices, I loved both guys and was conflicted a bit with who I wanted Jessie to end up with. With Nick she has that undeniable connect. But with Zedekiah... Well he gave her a kitten! Zed was just so sweet and nice to her. Nick was nice too and had that whole protectiveness thing going on. But it all works out in the end.
Although I do have an issue with Rebecca (Spoilers ahead!). I understand why she jumped in front of the bullet. But why didn't she tell Zed how she felt before hand? They could have run away together or face the town together or something like that. It probably would have made a difference.
I loved the innocence Jessie has in the beginning and that at the end she's able to stick up for herself. She grows a little bit.
Would I recommend this? Yup. Anyone looking a quick read and crazy ghosts would probably like this.

My next review will be on a certain book that is being made into a movie. And it usually has this on the cover:

And before you say "Ooh! Tiger's Curse!", No. It's something else.


And with that, farewell!


No comments:

Post a Comment